- January 19, 2019
PIBC hosts INDIA BIZ Connect: Pharma Connection
The Philippines India Business Council hosted India Biz Connect: Pharma Edition which was a two part event with an exclusive business forum and a business matching session for 23 leading Indian Pharmaceutical companies in manufacturing and exporting.
The event marked a significant development in the presence of Indian Pharmaceuticals in the Philippines, especially as it was the fifth time PHARMEXCIL led a delegation to the country, this time with a thirty-one-member delegation – the largest one yet. It was attended by over forty attendees from the industry who were already doing business with India or looking into doing so. Through the forum, the delegation and attendees were able to:
- Have an understanding of the parameters and criteria requirements on entering the Philippine market;
- Be on the lookout on upcoming market trends that may affect the industry and the availability, sale, and requirement of various products;
- Have a platform to bring forward and address their questions and clarifications in relation to the discussions from the speakers present from both government and private sector
The forum highlighted the discussions of the following speakers:
- H.E. Jaideep Mazumdar, Ambassador of India to the Philippines
- Hon. Francisco T. Duque III, Secretary of Health, Philippines
- Mr. Renato Simbulan, Chairman of the International Affairs of Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Atty. Katherine Austria-Lock, OIC-Center for Drugs Regulation and Research of FDA Philippines
- Mr. Teodoro Ferrer, Chairman of the Generika Drugstores
- Mr. Jose ‘Joe’ Cortez, VP for Sales and Distribution of Philippine Pharma Procurement, Inc.
- Mr. Deejay Sanqui, Key Accounts Director of IQVIA Philippines.
The council brought together almost 200 Filipino companies engaged in the importing, distribution, trading, and marketing of Indian pharmaceutical products in the Philippines. This then led to the beginning of the Business Matching session which had almost 170 registrations from local Filipino companies who had signified interest in meeting with the 23-company delegation by PHARMEXCIL.
The event was in partnership with Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India, India in Philippines (Embassy of India, Manila) Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the continuous support from DTI Philippines.
See more pictures at: http://pibc.com.ph/gallery/pibc-hosts-india-biz-connect-pharma-connection/